RCU Forums - View Single Post - Cheap Chinese Ebay ARFs - Whadaya Think?
Old 10-05-2009, 03:53 AM
Dauntae

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Cheap Chinese Ebay ARFs - Whadaya Think?

I also have the super sports 40 I took a chance on and was also impressed with the fit , Got it to replace a well repaired many times Dazzler that finally got damaged a little too far for another fix. wanted to put a 4-stroke in it like I had when I had the US 40+ kit a few yrs ago but the engine is in use in another plane so I'm just using the OS 46FX from the Dazzler and plan to use this as my run to the field and get a few quick flight in in and have some fun, Compairing this plane to the US 40+ plans shows that it is a very close copy with few minor changes, It does seem built pretty well but plan to add some reinforcements like I do to all my ARF's. the only real concern I have is the landing gear blocks, I don't want to rip open the wing but don't really trust them but might take the chance. This ARF is much lighter than the kit so as long as I don't have any hard landings, Cant wait to get this one in the air, Just have not had a lot of good weather or time. Hopefully the winter flying will be good. And hopefully it flies as good as the US 40+ that it copies.

Dauntae