RCU Forums - View Single Post - Meet Jumping Jack!
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 03:13 PM
Death Cheater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Meet Jumping Jack!

Ucak, I am concerned about the servos too. I was thinking about getting some with stronger insides like you mention though. I have some old servos I’m going to use just to start out with and see how they work. As a matter of fact this whole thing is designed around things I all ready have or can make. As to When I’ll go into production, I thought I would let this post sit a few days then, based on whatever feed-back I get, the design could change a bit, but it’s pretty much done.
John, these images are not rendered per say. The whole thing was designed with AutoDesk Inventor 10 and what you see is the way the model looks all the time, except when you’re editing parts.
This is my first attempt at designing an R/C jumper. I didn’t do any research on other designs because I didn’t want them to have a bearing on any of my ideas. The lower legs are just 3/16 plywood grooved out so the two sides trap the battery when fitted into the foot and bolted at the knee. The upper legs, 3/16 plywood, center piece, is cut out to hold the battery with the outer sides holding the battery in place. My idea is to tighten the leg joints so they are stiff to move so they would take some shock on landing. The spring idea sounds good too. Humm, may be able to figure something out using rubber bands. If you want to use any if these ideas on your jumper go ahead but some drawing may help.
The view below shows the leg with the outer part hidden showing the AA sized battery. The foot is held in place with a zip tie.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71918.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	324.6 KB
ID:	1288818