RCU Forums - View Single Post - EASY VEE BUILD *NEED MORE HELP* (almost done bare with me)
Old 10-05-2009, 09:41 PM
srw1960

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: EASY VEE BUILD *NEED MORE HELP* (almost done bare with me)

Ok got caught up..sorry to be absent for so long...as for the paint issue I told him specifically what paint to get from o reillys and from what he told me he did if he got what I told him to they should have both been lacquer's however dupli color did have some red meatalic paint in enamle so he may not have paid close enough attention...but an excellent learning experience I think more than likely what happened was in his attempt to get the white spots out he got the clear on so wet it reanimated the base color and when he touched it and it went off to the primer it was just still soooooo wet I think if he had just not paniced it probably would have dried out ok..(thats why I gave ya my number for just such emergencies) If you still have the empty cans around read the labels itll say whether its enamel or lacquer probably at the bottom of the label..and FYI lacquer can not be sprayed over enamel...
Anyway bottom line is I think it came out just fine very good job especialy given the problems....

OK youve leared another valuable lesson about the flex shaft..last word I heard from ya about it you were going to get a local mechanic to cut it for ya??? a cut off saw is the ONLY WAY to cut a flex shaft youre cutting it 1 starnd at a time with side cutters has unwound the cut end and its to large a diameter to fit into the collet..the only way to fix it is cut about an inch off the allready cut end but somehow I dont think you have enough shaft now to do that...soooo I bet your gonna need to get a new cable..aeromarine carries them or there are a few lised on ebay right now also marine specialties carries them there about 24 to 28 bucks...the freebies you can get from the lawn mower shops will work but youll have to solder a stub onto one end of it and you have no way to solder anything..soooo there ya have it...

The throttle servo issue is a setting on the fail safe..

Also the pipe bracket I made for ya was suposed to be mounted on the back of the radio box not the front of the transom .. the dimension you gave me was for the radio box thats why the pipe is sticking up so high...it looks like the radio box has moved from the location I saw when I made the bracket and I dont think itll mount on the radio box and work soooooo unhook the pipe and drop it down to the height you need it and measure from the hole in the mounting tab on the pipe to the hole in the bracket and I can make a new upright piece for ya!!!!