RCU Forums - View Single Post - MVVS 58 HIGH IDLE
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 06:53 PM
MatriX40

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MVVS 58 HIGH IDLE

Hey guys, i think iv got it. for one it was running extremely rich. i had said earlier that my plug was soaked. i went a step further and attached card board to my fuse to collect fuel that was exiting the exhaust. so using that as a measurment tool. i leaned out the engine until very little is acually exiting the exhaust, with that i removed the plug after a good 10 minutes of part throttle and full throttle i was happy to see my plug was a dark brown instead of a wet black. this however did not fix my high idle. still frustrated i returned back to what pe reivers had mentioned about a possible air leak. i removed the carb and had found the gasket had a slight tear and had dropped down leaving a gap for air to leak in. i must have missed it when i reinstalled the carb for its cleaning. i went to a local parts store and bought some thin gasket paper and carefully remove the old gasket and traced it to make an exact match of the old gasket. i then restarted the engine and the idle now settled back down almost immediatley from full throttle. now it is still running slightly on the rich side obviously now that i have fixed my air leak, but its not making a huge mess on my cardboard, and too rich is better then too lean so i will probably leave it were it is, plus it still starts like a dream.(3 flips choked,5 flips and its running) i would like to thank you guys for helping me with my problem. you were great. and sorry about the caps lock