RCU Forums - View Single Post - Spektrum dx7 lost bind today
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2009, 11:25 PM
PacificNWSkyPilot
My Feedback: (19)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Spektrum dx7 lost bind today

ORIGINAL: Aeronut04

I had a spektrum 7000 just quit receiving. I need to send it back, I had 4-5 flights on it, then it would not connect, nor would it rebind.
This is what I'm talking about, and here you shall see how it CAN go, fellows.

What batteries? What type of batteries? What brand of batteries? What age were the Batteries? Were they new? Old? Questionable? What was the voltage? Were you using LiPos? What brand of Regulator with that? Where was it mounted in the plane? Was it foam-mounted, velcro-mounted, and what was their position relative to each other? How close to the engine? Did you balance your prop? What type of switch double pole? What brand? What extensions were used?

Are there any new tables at your flying field? Is there a special place for transmitters to sit while you set your plane up? Did you check your bind switch for being pressed while the plane is off?

And a hundred other questions I could rapid-fire. You come in here with NOTHING and try to make something out of it, with no history, no research, nothing.

I know for a fact that there are issues with the Futabas. I think we could probably put a crew together to go Futaba-bashing. And I think we could do a better job. But Futaba has no more issues than Spektrum does, and that's a fact. And likewise, Spektrum has no more issues than Futaba does.

Industrial manufacturing standards allow 3 to 11 percent of product to be faulty (to fail) off the assembly line. 3 TO 11! 11 being Detroit's average. Both Futaba and Spektrum have failure rates in manufacturing of a small fraction of one percent. Essentially, by all manufacturing standards everywhere, they are BOTH able to consider themselves PERFECT.

A couple of you come in here once in a while, most of you did something foolish or dumb-thumbed it or flew one flight too many or used an old, old switch or battery you knew you should not have.

Now and then there is a real one, but hey, somebody has to win the Lotto.

So if you have a question, a REAL question where you'd like the help that's here to be able to get from the guys, then ask it. We could just as easily go out and solicit quotes from Futaba users that have gone to Spektrum (and yes, there are MANY) and try to claim that all Futabas are bad. It's not true, but what the heck. It's as true as what you guys are saying, and we can make it fly just as far. And it would do just as much good....NONE. Who are you helping?

You waste everybody's time with frivolous claims. Sorry if You can't present proof, but you're wasting everyone's time without it.

Jimbo