RCU Forums - View Single Post - Great Planes Reactor 160?
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 09:30 AM
wyo69cowboy
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Great Planes Reactor 120-160?

ORIGINAL: Super08

Well after almost a year of looking at it I placed an order for one. Power will be a DL55, Hited 5645 servos, Futaba 10C, and a single 5200mah LiIon battery for the Rx and a 2000 4.8 on the ign. I think I will order the Jtec muffler for the P51 that fits inside without cutting the cowl. Does anyone know if there is a power loss with this muffler compared to other wrap around pitts?
Super08, I had the Jtec Pitts on a DL55 in my Reactor, and was very pleased. Engine was not even close to being broken in (approx 1/2 gal thru it), and I was swinging a 22x8 Xoar 7400rpm at my elevation (4500'). Unfortunately, lost mine on the third flight due to pilot/ground crew error. Was running two 2100 Lipos/dual switches/voltage reg, but never charged them up after running on ground for break in and the three flights. Receiver "browned" out on my Futaba 7C and down she went. Airframe destroyed, broken engine cases, etc. [] Valuable lesson learned: multiple digital servos draw a lot of juice, even at "idle". Will be replacing plane this winter, and will have a better preflight regimen next year!