RCU Forums - View Single Post - Midwest Tri-Squire
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 03:06 PM
Greenaero17

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Midwest Tri-Squire

TRI-SQUIRE and Super Tiger .23

Wow! Nostalgia reigns here!

Here is my Tri-Squire that I learned to fly R/C with in 1974. I have many nostalgic memories of it. It was powered with a Super Tiger .23 and a Simco super flow-Thru muffler. At least I think it was spelled simco or semco. Anyway, I acquired this airplane as a kit from Tom Stennis who was the Mayor of Ocean Springs, Mississippi at the time. He taught me to fly and I was on my own in three days (Thanks Tom). There were no buddy boxes in those days, just the "hand and yank" type of instruction. (you know: hand the radio to the kid and yank it away when he is in trouble) I don't know why anyone gets rid of their stable of aircraft, but we do and later regret it! I just purchased a Tri-Squire Kit on Ebay and surley paid way too much for it, but, Hey, I wanted it! and I got it. I hope he regrets selling it!

Well, I will reproduce the plans if anyone is interested I will make them available for $25 dollars, ROLLED IN A GOOD MAILING TUBE FROM STAPLES or HOME OFFICE SUPPLY, plus shipping and (whatever your shipping cost in your area is) (I would have gladly paid this price if someone had made the plans available.)

I went on from that airplane to the Alley Kat by Southern R/C (another article on RC Universe) powered by a K&B .40 and both planes sported the Kraft Super Sport Radio (Grey Box).

If anyone has the simco mufflers that will fit a .23 - .25 size engine, contact me.

Many happy flights and remember: "Keep your thumbs on the sticks and your head out of the clouds!"

[email protected]
http://www.Burnsmodelaircraft.com
AMA 62678
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us55043.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	1294975