RCU Forums - View Single Post - Extreme Flight 110" 100cc Yak 54 Build!
Old 10-16-2009, 11:52 AM
xtraflyr
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extreme Flight 110

ORIGINAL: Barry Cazier

ORIGINAL: xtraflyr

ORIGINAL: Barry Cazier

Thanks guys...
It sounds like they have some in stock still......I think I'm gonna buy one. I have a DA100 (original) in my portfolio and after reviewing this thread and mine own thrust calculations I feel it'll fly it decent if I can keep it under 30lbs. From everybody's opinion that should be possible.

I'm presently flying a 28.5lbs plane with the DA and getting decent performance. I'd like more but it's certainly not bad. Hover pull out is ''steady''. I'm getting about 41lbs thrust. I'd love 50lbs....but at my elevation and having to use quiet mufflers that's about all I'll get. But I'm thinking of changing my cannisters for RE2 pipes which it looks like may perk up the engine a bit. But I don't want to give up the very good mid range I have now....but most say it won't be bad.

Anyways......I'm thinking I'll join this club.

Thanks
Barry
This will be my 5th EF plane.
Hey Barry.. If for some reason your not happy with it..Maybe I'll still take it off your hands!!HAHA!!

Frank
I just ordered one! Got the Red and White model. They said that one flew a little bit cooler in the higher elevations.
I should have it the middle of next week. Only problem is I'm laid up right now with shoulder surgery. I probably won't be able to start the build for about 14 more days or so. But..............I have a couple of friends (I know that is a little hard to believe) that may help me. At least they will help get it down into the hobby room.

Hopefully, I can get started on it by Nov 1, and fly it by Thanksgiving. If not.......it may have to wait until spring.

Xtraflyr...if for some reason this one doesn't work out....I'll keep you in mind. Afterall....you said it first.

Thanks
Barry
Hey Barry...WOW!! very cool for methanks you,but I'm pretty sure you'll have a good time with it and hope you do!! That's the same color 88" Yak I have now and like it alot...

Hope you feel better!!

Frank