RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hiperbipe
Thread: Hiperbipe
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 03:35 PM
y2k6vette

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hiperbipe

Hyberbipers,

The plans just arrived today!....Wingspan is 57" and the fuse is about 9" at the firewall. My friend recently purchased a DLE111 (this is the engine I've decided to use) and he told me the engine with plugs and boots is slightly less than 12", so I'm thinking of using a factor of 1.44 on the plans to bring the fuselage width to 13" and the wingspan to 82". Sounds like a manageable size inasmuch as the wings are plug-ins and the fuse will definitely slide in the back of my Suburban....so when I get some time I'll draw up the plans and order the lumber.

My Cobra is back on the line after all my kids, grandchilden, etc moved to China and Las Vegas. I'm all alone again, so now I can get going on the double gull-wing bird. The holidays always seem to demand a lot of time so I never accomplish as much as I would like, but perhaps I can get the Hyperbipe started sometime in Jan-Feb. Would like to have both these birds ready for springtime flying.

Would welcome any suggestions from those who have built and flown the Hyperbipe....I'm still planning on enlarging the tailfeathers a little for sure. Any thing else you might want to throw at me before I get started would be great.

Hang in there,

Steve

Take -off is optional...landing is mandatory!