RCU Forums - View Single Post - Need QUICK answer.
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2003, 05:48 AM
asquires

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have SkyLark not AeroHawk

Hi all,

I purchased the SkyLark from Ebay, its a great Helicopter, I have bashed mine about a lot and it takes a real beating. Spare parts are hard to find, but I got parts from Netherlands, real cheap.
I have used CA glue extensively on Skids and one rotor blade and works great.

Battery sucks, takes about 2-3 hours to charge, and get 5-10 min. flying. I have heard from these forums that I can upgrade to a Li Poly battery, which is lighter, and get 30 Min flying time and about 30 Min. charge.

I have never flown helis before I am a plane fan, but WOW!! this one is awesome. It really takes a lot of practice to fly.

Helis are generally unstable flying wise and you have to keep on the controls at all times to keep it flying. I have had my SkyLark just under a month and today for the first time was actually able to get it to hover and fly at about 6' from the ground for a phew seconds then I had to land, due to loss of bearings.

I don'y know about the other Micros, but I love mine, the only thing i will do is change battery.

I am having a slight problem with tail motor going berserk every once in a while, not sure if its sign of battery going dead, but if anyone can help here would be great.

I do know that after 2 to 3 hours of charge, and I go fly about a couple of minutes in flying, tail rotor accelerates and then decelerates me and goes a little wacky.

I think my battery might not be holding charge or something, don'y know. Hopefully someone will have answer.

Anyway all in all I love it and I hope this helps the rest of the future Micro RC Helipilots make a decision in their purchases.

have fun
Anthony