RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA Staffing: Should AMA hire non-Pilot nonMember to moderate AMA board
Old 10-24-2009, 10:39 PM
Robotech
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AMA Staffing: Should AMA hire non-Pilot nonMember to moderate AMA board

ORIGINAL: KidEpoxy

Good thing I didnt make any conclusions yet, just stated the numbers 'so far',
as is my MO... Lawnmowers, Insurers, ModPolls... I take my time making decisions
Perhaps you took my statement to say you had drawn a conclusion. It was not meant that way. I only meant to suggest that if you do, the results will be skewed by non-AMA folk voting on AMA matters.

Why here?
This is where I discuss AMA, has been for years.
I know you did not just say that you do something a certain way because that's the way it's always been done. [X(]

But your idea to do it there too might be fun after we get some more data here,
and then compare the two results.
If you are one of them RCG'ers, why dont you put a semi verbatim copy of this poll there as well,
and then we can eventually have 3 sets of data for the same poll to analyze.
Well, I am registered there but have only been there a few times. Not sure if I've ever even posted there. I'll give it a go.

posting is limited to members,
but guest readers (didnt we just see LCS talk about reading threads but not being able to read profile page)
are subjected to the having to wade thru the same garbage in the threads as the members.
Since those guest readers would not be able to vote there,
it makes sense that the poll be done where all readers of the garbage can vote their opinion of how much they want or dont want the garbage cleaned up
Disagree. If it matters to them and they (guest readers) are AMA members then they should register and vote. If they don't get involved then they should have no say. Remember your 90% non-voting sheep in the elections? In addition, if the exposure to "wading through the garbage" is a real concern then why was one poster villified and pilloried for attemting to throw out his own garbage which resulted in even more garbage? I know, I know, if you post it it should stand for eternity, yada, yada, but that implies that sometimes even garbage must be seen and experienced to see the entire thread accurately. Of course if it doesn't get thrown there in the first place, the point is moot.