RCU Forums - View Single Post - just stripped another idler gear.
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2009, 06:21 PM
Memorykarpos
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: just stripped another idler gear.

Hey Gradee, did you ever find the solution to this problem? I'm a savage owner as well, I run a picco on the 3 speed. I love the 3 speed, but the number of people running into this same issue is alarming.

I've been scouring the pages online, and I've come to find that this is the inherent weakness of these 3 speed trannies. Many people Ive read about are running into this same issue, even highly experienced modelers I read about on the forums, modelers such as Budbud, continue to destroy these gears, and just about everyone who tries to run a 6s brushless setup on their 3 speed destroys the same darn idler and drive gear! I'm on a pursuit to see if hpi will make machined gears, or some other company or person would be willing to make some idler and drive gear out of higher quality metal (machined, highs speed steel). The bottom line here is that the quality of these gears is not up to the task, these gears are cast, not machined. I hope HPI or a company such as Robinson Racing would produce a revised version of these gears.

-Memoykarpos