RCU Forums - View Single Post - FEJ Where We're Goin' Tomorrow
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 07:03 AM
Mr DJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FEJ Where We're Goin' Tomorrow

ORIGINAL: Jgwright

DJ

ALL the jet models you list are just too big for me.

I could not fit them in the car and I am not going to buy a long wheelbase van just to carry jets around in. Also I am not going to buy a plane that will weigh more than 20 Kg as this means it has to meet UK Large Model Association rules. These models seem to be aimed at the very few semi-professionals who fly at shows.

I currently have 2 twin engine jets but I know that there are only very few that will be prepared to own and operate a twin engine plane. The extra complexity and cost of 2 turbines just does not appeal to many.

It seems that FEJ is ignoring the huge numbers of people that have 54' 14 lb thrust engines. The is no doubt that a small Hunter for this engine size would sell really well as it has a large number of possible colour schemes and I do not understand why one has not been made. I also agree with Dennis about the Mig15. I would add a small Mig 17 and Mig 21 to the list. If FEJ were to make some smaller models like these then they would also be obvious candidates for EDF, increasing the possible market.

John
John, my Brother, what's goin' down Baby... You know, many folks like 'em big, for they're easier to see and easier to handle, but I hear exactly what you're saying. And even though I'm one of those who likes 'em big, I'm going to push all three at the 14lb turbine size: Mig 15, 17, and 21. The market is still there for smaller birds. I feel you; some times you just don't feel like luggin' around or foolin' with a big monster and so a smaller bird seems so much more appealing. Just throw in your trunk and go.