RCU Forums - View Single Post - Retracts .
Thread: Retracts .
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 07:48 PM
phatbob02
My Feedback: (126)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Retracts .

ORIGINAL: ZERO-322

ORIGINAL: prop wash

I like air.I have also been flying with them for years and they have not failed me.I have H9 e retracts that are a real head ache to get tuned just right so they don't jam and burn out. I've had to make many gear up landings because of the electrics and they are not cheap.The servos[JR 791] are very strong but when they burn out they cost a lot. My robarts work all the time everytime.But everyone to their own tune.Tom
lado electric retracts do not operate off a Servo but are a self contained unit that plugs straight into the receiver off a y harness, there are two failure points to these 1 the RX battery can malfunction, 2 the wire connecting the retracts to the strut used can bend if not heat treated, nothing is bullet proof but I think this is a wonderful option worth a second look
Like I said, If the receiver battery goes, you've got bigger problems than your landing gear.
If your bending strut wires, practice landing. A soft wire between the strut and retract is a failsafe from ripping your retract out of your wing.