RCU Forums - View Single Post - Remembering Carl Goldberg Models "The Legends of Carl GOldberg"
Old 10-30-2009, 07:55 PM
EduardoBC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Remembering Carl Goldberg Models

So nice to remember what was with no doubt the "Best in Flying Models" Carl Goldberg was a genius. He knew exactly how to design and make kits. He also had something nobody else had in the business: He LISTENED to modellers He had people all over the USA and worldwide asking what modellers would like to see in a kit and what type of model they wanted. I think this is part of his success. I remember way back in 1965 I built and flew my first Falcon 56 free flight, believe it or not!!! At that time I was 18 and here in Bogotá, Colombia modelling was expensive so I couldn't afford RC. Later, I learned to fly Rc with the Senior Falcon and MicroAvionics Green box radio. I also built a Skylark single engine and a Skylane 42 and now, after more than 40 years I am going to build the Skylark twin with two Chinese ASP .21. So sorry that today's modellers don't like to build models. They buy those stupid ARFS always badly made, weak, low quality and outrageously expensive and without the pleasure of building!!
Fortunately, balsa is still available (We grow it right here in southern Colombia) and plans can be kept for many years. They can also be shared thanks to internet. Guys: let's keep Goldberg alive. Lets build his models and I'm sure you all will enjoy them. Anybody wanting my Skylark 56 plans (original 1963 single or twin model) just let me know. Write to me [email protected] Greetings from Colombia!!
The following users liked this post:
davidericjohnson (11-19-2023)