RCU Forums - View Single Post - If i were to...
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2009, 09:32 AM
yeahbaby
My Feedback: (21)

Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts
Default RE: If i were to...

Thats My Boyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeee

couldn't have said it better amigo. although Mississippi and GSWJR have been my favorite events for a long time.

additionally, if you want to see some really beautiful big cats, outside of the zoo, drive 24 miles NW of FW and visit the

http://www.bigcat.org/

some really nice people doing an amazing job taking care of some stunning animals. the stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me, especially when it comes to animal abuse.

go visit the sunshine state amigo and hang with the Calli boys but remember to bring an extra liver, a hankerin' for great Carne Asada and a passion for flying WIDE OPEN THROTTLE!!!!!

ORIGINAL: FalconWings

I vote for Greater Southwest Jet Rally in Waco Texas.

1. Southern comfort and hospitality (in and out of the event)
2. Tex-mex food ('nuff said)
3. You are one hour from DFW. There is more to do in DFW than in the rest of the USA put together. No beach though (had there been one we 'd move the capital from Austin to Arlington).
4. You will see a very diverse crowd of jet pilots and models
5. We will soon have a B-1B with 4x P200's. If that is not insane by itself, try the Ghost Pepper Beef Jerky they make here.
6. You can drive 1 hour towards Crawford Ranch and say hi to Geroge ''W'' mowing the lawn (or whatever you wish to say to him)
7. Cavannaugh Air Museum in Addison. You will not see a finer collection of Warbirds in the US. Been at both Weeks in FL and Cavannaugh......my vote for Cavannaugh.
8. If you like spotting, drive to old Carswell AFB in Fort Worth.......cool place to spot. Home of the F-35 and the new breed of F-16's. (it's all about the jets right!)
9. We got Texas beef in most good restaurants (not Angus, but the kind you have to kill)
10. DFW airpost has Singapore Airlines Cargo......so you can easily ship your jets directly
11. California is way overrated. The water in the beach is cold, in LA you get killed if you make the wrong turn near Compton, Seals barking don't let you sleep at night, a beer can cost you $15 if you stop at the wrong (actually the right!!) bar.

All kidding aside, GSW is a really nice event. But It is sure hard to compete with the ammenities of Cali and Central Florida.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16696.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	272.9 KB
ID:	1305386   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh20108.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	272.0 KB
ID:	1305387   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sx63003.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	275.8 KB