RCU Forums - View Single Post - CAC Boomerang Project
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 03:55 PM
arryauster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CAC Boomerang Project

Hiya Patti - it's me again from little ol' England - can't resist adding to the praise you're getting for the Booma - it's looking absolutely fabulous at the moment, or should I say 'it's fair dinkum' - it must have been a really great buzz for you and Richard to actually meet and entertain Tom and Beryl last weekend - you're making me so jealous of you guys out there in Aus, what with the weather I saw in the pics of your field and also your access to the CNC equipment, especially when I was stuck indoors all last weekend looking out at the torrential rain and wind in my little part of south east Blighty and I might add, without any signs of any improvement on the horizon.
The wing build does look like a composite board of some description, is it indeed gonna be a moulded wing as well? - if so what kinda weight do you reckon that the bare airframe will end up at? - so many questions !!!
As an aside I've had several modellers approach me over the years for a closer inspection, whilst taking measurements and pics of the Auster and generally after which, if they're decent guys, I've quite often taken them up for a couple of circuits or so, I thoroughly enjoy it and it really seems to make their day - perhaps you should venture over to Oakey, you never know your luck !!!!!
Keep up the excellent work, I can't believe how good it's all looking now, regards 'Arry.