View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 04:27 PM
dreadnaut
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 8s Charge Setup

ORIGINAL: gaRCfield

ORIGINAL: gaRCfield

FOUND IT!!![link=http://www.tedani.com/balance-adapter-expansion-board-for-gt-power-a8-charger-p-1260.html]expansion board[/link]

EDIT: fixed wrong link
Just to clarify, this link is to a balancing board made specifically for the OP's charger. It will plug into his current charger and allow a combination of any two lipo batteries, with sum less than or equal to 8S, to be charged together. If you go to the site and click on the 'chargers' button on the left, you can get a balance board for a few other chargers as well.
There is a lot of info out there, and this leads to some confusion on my part. This is what I get so far. Charging two 4s or 5s in series (8s or 10 s) is not recommended, but if it must be done, the two packs should be the same cell count, c rating, and capacity (mAh). One of the guys I talked to at the F5 event was Steve Neu, who I hear is a pretty knowledgeable guy. He was using two 6s chargers to parallel charge his flight packs. If I had seen that before ordering my stuff, I would have ordered a different setup.

I have just ordered the balance adapter from Tedani. I will probably go to a paralel charge setup at a later date, but for now will use this setup. Woodie mentions a parallel charge setup that sounds like he is talking about a single charger. Maybe I misunderstood. The parallel setup I saw those F5 guys using seemed to involve two chargers and a single balance board.

Thanks all for the input.