RCU Forums - View Single Post - Q-25 Pylon Racing
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 09:30 PM
g.hodgesrc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Q-25 Pylon Racing

Hello Ken,

Thank you for your post. Sorry to hear about your terrible weather. For the month of October we had only (6) days of sunshine, the fewest on record for our area and were 5 inches of rainfall over for the month. As you probably noticed I offered to the "I would race if crowd" two different did types of pylon racing demonstrations at our Q-25 races in October. Since we don't race Club 40 in North Texas our Club 40 demo had Sky Raider and also a couple of Rookie 40 planes that the Seven Towers Radio Control Club races with. Since a couple of their club members dad had a hobby shop and kitted the Rookies it became their club pylon racer. We had several of the Texas Wings members fly the Rookie 20 with .25 engines on them when we first started our club 25 pylon racing in 2002 before going to our current 424 airframes in 2007. The biggest disappointment was that hardly any of our spectators came up to talk about getting started in pylon racing. We hope to do our demo races again at TxWings November 8th race and see what happens this time. Like Jerry Small told me you can't get everyone to race, but if you can get them to try it you usually will get them hooked. I agree with your sparkplug comment, it seems there are guys that give more than their share so that others can race. Congratulations to you and your Club 40 group, keep up the great job you are all doing.

Gene