RCU Forums - View Single Post - NO SELLING - JUST COMPARE FUTABA 8FG TO A9 HITEC
Old 11-06-2009, 02:35 PM
rambler53
My Feedback: (494)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NO SELLING - JUST COMPARE FUTABA 8FG TO A9 HITEC

Salespeople have an agenda, they want to promote their product. That doesn't really give us an area to objectively compare the real features that a wise shopper would perform, just like buying any other product in this world. So salespeople need not promote here, this is for the buyer. The forum is flooded with sales-people showing off the gimmick radios that cost over $400 like we couldn't fly yesterday not having them.

I want to have a user / buyer thread that doesn't hype up a feature with 100 wing options like that's why I buy a new radio in the first place. Truly it could be said of the weekend RC pilot, his typical sport plane just needs expo or dual rates (preference), end point is nice but one could get into the horns and pushrod area like the old days faster than reading up on a new manual. This is just examples of what is being thrown upon us. Some still drive their high school car, others buy the next model year every year. Some use old radios like the 7U, 6X, Prism 7, JR6102, etc. Some need to get today's new radio and pre-order tomorrows. What I'd like to know is without the hype on the touch screen (JR had one first) Aurora 9, and really get into the useful features one would want. The 8FG has just been released and is in the ballpark with pricing. The market guide gives a side by side radio comparison section to do this, unfortunately it's hasn't been updated in quite awhile.

This may facilitate an opportunity to accomplish that. I haven't made up my mind yet what radio to get. The last thing I want to hear is an online salesman telling me what I'll need in the radio when he hasn't asked what, when, and how much flying I do first.
The 2.4Ghz transition hasn't taken over my hangar yet, many planes are still on 72Mhz. So timing is good, lots of choices. I'd like to discuss what RCU members have actually put in their hands and used, and that would carry a lot of weight for me in making a decision for my next radio. Thanks for your help.