RCU Forums - View Single Post - CD ScaleDesigns Albatros CI build
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 12:32 PM
CTDavies

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CD ScaleDesigns Albatros CI build

I have two sheets of ply the same size here next to me, one 1/32 and one in 1/64. TFF is right, even by just looking at them there is hardly any difference. Gian is a fortunatel person living in Spain with a dry hot climate throughout the whole year very unlike our friends from further up in the northern hemisphere that has to deal with humidity in the summer and moisture in the winter. Using 1/64 ply for the fuse would make my worry about buckling and /or warping under different enviromental conditions. I guess 1/64 behing the CoG is fine, but I still need to see a large shett of 1/64 that is not buckled even when it is just been delivered!
We've all been watching Allan's thread on his amazing Siemens Schuckert which has lots of scale detaisl and a heavy scale finish. Still Allan says he's happy with the 24oz per sq ft it came out at. Using that as a guide the CI would have a max weight of 18lbs and Allan would still be pleased. Please don't let us panic here and get into a frenzy where we're shaving of the very last ounce until what we have hardly resembles the proto model. Use the doubler as it is (and have a good look at the rear l/g struts and the bottom wing brass tube while you're at it - ever had a bumpy take off?) and maybe 1/64 ply for the fuse behind the CoG and you'll be fine.