RCU Forums - View Single Post - FABULOUS FRONT YARD FIGHTER FLYING FUN REPORT
Old 11-07-2009, 03:01 PM
mad web tv scientist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FABULOUS FRONT YARD FIGHTER FLYING FUN REPORT

Thanks guys!

Andy, interestingly, this little P-51 was the very first under cambered wing equipped airplane that I was ever able to fly inverted and through outside loops successfully. Actually, assuming we are able to fix the snap roll problem, I like the under camber concept for little planes because, theoretically at least, effective slower flying capability useful for smaller spaces is possible.

Racing, that elevator connection did break and cause trouble once earlier in the flight testing program. That area will also be reinforced before the maiden flight of my next Front Yard Fighter. I found that all of my adjusting, tweaking, etc., may have played a roll in the destruction of the aileron servo that might have been in the process of failing completely that I blamed on trim/structural problems . It finally did fail shortly after my last report. My first test after installing my new servo will be to check to see if the snap roll phenomena still exists. If it does, my next attempted solution will be to use high rate flaperon deflection angles with outer portions of the flaperons cut free and functioning as fixed adjustable trim "ailerons."

Thanks again for all the suggestions, there is surely a bright future for little warbirds. It's exciting to fly on the leading edge of Front Yard Fighter plane development!

madwebtvscientist [sm=lol.gif]
[sm=cry_smile.gif]

Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of an esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.