RCU Forums - View Single Post - Norvel Engine FAQ
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 04:03 AM
lawrencelkl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Norvel Engine FAQ

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your reply and some useful info regarding the Norvel carb history. I thought you made the slot but it is obvious that it is the last thing you would made such a slot that you hate.

the mod that you helped me to make is throttling well and I am thinking of puttign it back to the Norvel 1/2 A tutor replacing the current Enya .09.
Obviously the enya .09 provides higher pull but the offset is the increased nose weight which does not help much for 'smooth' landing..of course, that is to do with my skills.

i have currently get myself a rotary tool which i hope can help to make some alteration to the fuselage compartment so that i cna rearrane the battery location etc. this will help to balance and CG as the set up with norvel was previously found tail heavy, worse when funning out of fuel! ( the fuel tank is placed right behind the firewall.)

it is getting colder here in UK..also getting dark early...winter is definitely on its way. I havent really tried flying in winter as i virtually jsut taught myself to fly simple 3 channel fixed wings last summer. so, any advice for flying in cold weather? i.e. engine setting etc?

ok, take care and thnaks once again.

Cheers.

Lawrence