RCU Forums - View Single Post - Need help (now DNU build)
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 10:55 AM
wolfy888

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need help (now DNU build)

Hi. guys:
I don't know if anyone else has tried to build the KAO-TIC as presented on the ULMER-RC.com site, but I found that the original wing rib templates are wrong. As shown, the ribs do not fit the wing planform, so I had to modify the airfoil. Interesting thing is, in doing so, the airfoil changes (as I've drawn it) from the original plain, forward-thicknessed airfoil at the root, to a laminar-flow airfoil at the tip. The transition is smoothly continuous from root to tip, and although I haven't completed the airframe yet, I suspect that this will have an immense effect on the flight characteristics of this design, particularly in the transition from slow-speed mush to fully stalled. If my guess is correct, the aircraft should present a very stable, controllable settling prior to full-stall nose-down and recovery. Since this is a quite radical change from the original Bridi design, although it uses the same moments, I've taken the liberty of copyrighting my new planform, and will release a new name for this aircraft shortly. After I recieve confirmation of the copyright, I will release the new plan,and you may use it as you will, provided I get credit for the design. I've made several minor changes to the fuselage structure as well, so the copyright is completely justified. Never thought I'd become Howard Hughes, but "necessity is the mother of invention", and the plan wouldn't work as shown on the download. Hopefully, several of us will build the new design, and I"d appreciate any and all feedback from you concerning its performance. Regards to all, Wolfy888