View Single Post
Old 11-15-2009, 11:21 AM
tks1
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Unionville Turbo Beaver

ORIGINAL: MaxAdventure

yes, it's an older thread, but it's still valid. I'd rather not start another:

I've been reading through some threads and I haven't found much mention of what servos are used. I (hopefully) have an 8' Turbo kit on the way and I was wondering if anyone might post the dimensions of the control surfaces and what airspeed (guestimation) they're seeing so I can run them through a servo calc.
http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/eflight/calcs_servo.htm

I want to be sure I have enough torque, but I don't want to weigh the plane down with unnecessary hardware.

(any CA members, forgive my cross-post)

-da

Wow I haven't been here or flown for ages - I just happen to still be subscribed to this thread lol.

I had an 8' Unionville radial Beaver. I used a standard JR servo for each control surface. One on each aileron, one on each flap, one for the elevator, one for the rudder and one for the throttle - total of 7 servos. I had a large capacity flight pack (I think it was 1200mah - it was on sale). Never had any problems with it and as far as I know it is still in service somewhere in Alberta.

Not sure what the weight differences are for the turbo model but I suspect they are very similar.

tks1