RCU Forums - View Single Post - Comp ARF Lightning + 7xDS8911 servos = VERY HIGH BATTERY CONSUMPTION
Old 11-16-2009, 03:15 PM
tassos p

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Comp ARF Lightning + 7xDS8911 servos = VERY HIGH BATTERY CONSUMPTION

ORIGINAL: Didier

No let the 8911 stay in your Lightning!!
Yes they are overrated but the advantage is when the servo's don't have to work hard, they will not draw as much Amps compared to servo's that have to work harder! Ofcourse if you have jammed servo's then it will be a differnet story.
What I use for a couple of years, is a simple cheap Lipo battery checker (plug it to the balancer connector). It will tell me EXACTLY how much percent is still in the Lipo battery's. I use it for all my electric models as well and it it is never wrong!
My advice, buy such a cheap checker (about 30 euro's), fly and check after the flight how much you have left in the battery's.

Just saw your video with your new engine, very good.

I don't need the checker because on the PB Royal you can see the exact battery voltage. I use 2x3800mAh Li-Mg batteries for the PB and when fully charged they go up to 8.3V (nominal is 7.4V and stop fly voltage is 6.9V). Now in the pic I took of the Royal display you see that at that point the batteries were reading 7.89V each after flight No 3 of the day with roughly the same illustrated consumption each flight. This means that after flight 3 the consumed mAh should be roughly 3000mAh per battery according to the PB display. However the voltage remains 7.89V.

This is not right so I'm beggining to guess my PB is measuring misleading consumptions. That's why I asked if anyone out there is using the same setup as I am and reading off their Royal Display the same data.

Tassos