RCU Forums - View Single Post - Comp ARF Lightning + 7xDS8911 servos = VERY HIGH BATTERY CONSUMPTION
Old 11-16-2009, 03:42 PM
tassos p

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Comp ARF Lightning + 7xDS8911 servos = VERY HIGH BATTERY CONSUMPTION

ORIGINAL: olnico

Hi Tassos. You will certainly get something out the article. Especially since I explain how to compute the equivalent weight ballast for the intended aerodynamic load.
This wil enable you to do a proper electrical system test under realistic flight load and check the validity of your system and battery sizing as well as thermal endurance of the Powerbox regulators ( something to consider as well when having such a big electrical load )

What we could do here is go on the practical side of the article and make a proper simulation together.
Have a look at the article and at the RC calc software:
http://www.geohei.lu/olin/data/model...calculator.xls

Then give me all the flight control dimensions: average cord and span.
Then I'll need the control horn arm and maximum speed as well as average aerobatic speed ( I assume that you don't go full blast all the time )
Thanks alot for your help Oliver,

That's really nice of you to help and its highly appreciated. However I haven't got my plane with me, cause I leave it in a warehouse at my flying field and I will get this data on Saturday when I go there.

But please verify for me a few things to help me and correct me if I'm wrong. When you say the average cord of the flying surface you mean the that if the flight surface looks like a trapezium (like for example the aileron in the attached pic) then it is the (inner cord + outer cord) / 2 ? And the span you mean the length of the surface?

And which control arm are you talking about? The servo's or the surface's or both? And what about the length of the linkage between the servo horn and the flight surface horn.

Average aerobatic speed I estimate around 220km/hr and max speed around 330km/hr. Most of the times I fly with 50% throttle (with my P180 it is more than enough).

Thanks alot once more,

Tassos

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71429.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	936.1 KB
ID:	1315334