RCU Forums - View Single Post - C-ARF Flash Build Thread for All Flash's being built this winter
Old 11-17-2009, 11:33 AM
Skymac
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: C-ARF Flash Build Thread for All Flash's being built this winter

I don't remember correctly on the c.g. or the throws, I'm in Afghanistan right now but I can probably shoot you those numbers in two weeks once I get home. I personally have mine setup a little aft I believe but I can't remember, with the uat full, you can push it on its tail and it almost wants to sit there but will fall back down on the nose. Im using both tanks and I fly with a timer set at 6 mins at the meets so I can have another full minute of "cool down laps" if the pattern is full, haha.... I have stretched it to 9 minutes when just goofing off and doing alot of slow flight.

I also don't use the excess flap that I see alot of people are using. When comming into land, it finds a sweet spot and grooves in with a nice aoa, around 3*, but I like to fly a flatter approach, so it works well, no crow aswell.

With the Booster 130, the throttle response is so fast that with the full bypass sitting on the ground (not flying) it will try to compressor stall if you slam the throttle. When the airplane was new, I also tried a full throttle run up on the ground and it collapsed the inlet joiner, so we layed carbon around it and never tried that again, haha... f you take the cover off of the bypass the throttle response gets restored to 2 stroke response, but with the full bypass it takes maybe 3/4 of a second longer from idle to full throttle in the air, no big deal to me. IT makes me more comfy when hill climbing with a full bypass and with an open one, temps over 5 flights with it on and off, the avg. was the same within 5*c...

If you have a couple of extra dollers and you plan on keeping your flash, buy the retracts and struts from Todd at Dreamworks. Maybe you will have better luck with the pins but I couldn't keep them from turning, back when I had them installed I just aeropoxyed them in the trunion, It got old quick...