RCU Forums - View Single Post - "3D or die!" they said...and I had to choose the latter option.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:10 PM
gboulton
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: "3D or die!" they said...and I had to choose the latter option.

ORIGINAL: sir crashallot
Our club waits till we get a gap in the weather then we all rush to the field to try and get a flight in. iv personaly never been a fan of flying indoor though i guess i cant knock it till iv at least tried it.
With the price of electrics dropping so much, and some of the BNF birds out there being dirt cheap, you really ought to at least give it a go. There's some all-up RTF micros out there for < $300 (radio and all) and some BNFs < $200 that fly AMAZINGLY well.

For some examples...nearly ALL of ParkZone's micro stuff is just incredible. Just flew their "Ultra-Micro" P-51 last night...it's SUPERB. The thing looks fantastic in the air, is a real hoot to tool around with, and can be had BNF for $100!! Their little Sukhoi is a real aerobat too. It's a real zoo, but incredibly agile and capable, and also inexpensive. Then the Ember and Vapor are great slow-flight birds, just to feed the addiction, or help newbie get some training done.

On the Heli side, the little Blade MCX and MSR, and the Novus CP, all fly remarkably well..way better than you'd expect!

And then, of course, there's a few zillion various foamies out there you can put together to do pretty much whatever you want.

And don't overlook the fun of simple "silliness". As an example, our gang has been known to PYLON RACE the ParkZone Ember!! Heck, we even cut wings down, change props, take stickers off to save weight, paint tail numbers on 'em, the works! Sometimes it's an absolute BLAST to make planes do something they weren't even REMOTELY designed for. And hey...at