RCU Forums - View Single Post - Input on nitroplanes.com
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 08:46 PM
ram3500-RCU
My Feedback: (221)

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Input on nitroplanes.com

As the saying goes, 'you get what you pay for'. So, for their cheap price, you give up usable hardware (most of us have this stuff laying around anyway), a usable manual (most of us know either how to build an ARF or how to find out how on the net), and true ARF out-of-the-box readiness (but we know by now what we need to do to these ARFs in the way of covering, glue, gear support, and so on), customer support (they have a thread but I don't see much support however, I have not used it and consider myself on my own going in), and replacement parts for the most part (here again, I don't worry about this so much as some do because I can fix just about anything I need to including glass parts).

Given all that, knowing at the outset what I have, I personally have built several of their planes and have not been unpleasantly surprised by any of them. In fact, paying a lot more at times for other planes, and then being disappointed by performance, durability, or quality, has happened far more often.

If you see one you like, do your homework, then go for it. Your odds are good, if you take the time to do it right.