RCU Forums - View Single Post - Spad to the Bone Dominator Problem
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 09:03 PM
draftman1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spad to the Bone Dominator Problem

hey Brad. Im not doughting you guys at all but it really sounds like the CG is off, try making it a little nose heavy. I have found out that when it porposes, its usually heavy on the tail. its short and close coupled so it will be a little pitch sensitve. I fly alot of wings and when a wing starts acting like that, I need to add a little weight to the front. also with a big elevator and surfaces you will get a plane that will be squirly, put some expo in it, make them not so sensative. on the aileron part, bring them up a little, when the are up, think of it as an elevator, it will act the same, so the nose will lift up.
I have built almost every spad on STTB and designed a bunch of my own. Probably the one that I didnt like was the demon, a low wing version of the dominator. it was really squrily, after a little tweeking and expo, it flew much better. I base the two planes dessign on most of it. its short fusaloge and the 6" wing tips that are flat. basicly you loose about 9" of real lift and stability.
personaly I would build the spadstick, you will enjoy that one

this was taken from the dominator build instructions
NOTE: When rigging your ailerons, ensure that the bottom of the ailerons are parallel to the top of the
fuselage! Do not allow then to droop (like flaps)! If your ailerons droop, they will drastically affect pitch
trim!

there was another place that told you how to set up the airlons but the link is missing, I will keep looking for it