RCU Forums - View Single Post - My Sherman's First Field Test
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 10:37 PM
SNOWTANK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My Sherman's First Field Test

I ran the Tank on those ramps as is . Pure stock. It climbed it no problem. In fact all of my Tanks have climbed the ramps with no problem. The Sherman climbed over the Rock no problem but it was tricky as the ramp portion had a raised ridge of rock so the Sherman being so Narrow nearly tipped over on several attempts but it eventually made it. The bogies particularly the middle one worked well and didn't leave the track. I think the main thing that has been overlooked is that the Tank is fairly light and without the weight your not going to get the kind of scale action on the bogie suspension . Not like it would be for a 1/4 scale or a 1/6 scale Tank. You want scale realistic action the larger scales work better for it. I find it interesting that Tamiya has so many metal upgrades and photo etch for their plastic tanks to add weight to try and get that realisitic scale suspension movement. 1/16 is difficult to get that kind of weight movement to scale on such a small scale. The Sherman performed as expected because it is after all mostly light weight plastic. Next year I hope to add detail to it and a Crew with some photo etch parts.