RCU Forums - View Single Post - SAP 180 (Syssa Performance)
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2009, 08:21 PM
MTK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: SAP 180 (Syssa Performance)

ORIGINAL: DagTheElder

Hi MTK!
Have not had a chance to test the wings we have been discussed, but it will come!
Very interesting the Syssa engine. Is it possible that this engine can perform equally with any pattern engine despite it run on gas and not on alcohol mix. This without tuning it hard with pipes and GP porting etc. It dosent matter if the CC is larger than current Pattern engines if it is light enough to fit within the current weight rules and noise and is equally powerful. The fuel cost here in Norway will be approx 1/5 of alcohol mix.

Best wishes for your testing
Hi,

I just came back from the flying field having test flown the engine. I am very impressed. The plane is an original design that is larger and heavier than the typical pattern models we fly currently. 11# 10 ozs, 1150 square inch wing, full 2X2.

The prop was 18.1x10 std blade; pipe was ESC40G and fuel was regular 87 octane gasoline with 1% synthetic oil (100:1).

Excellent, useful power is available from the engine as is, even with the long exhaust duration. The pipe produces a mellow, pattern like sound. I would put the noise level at around 88 dB. Not at all annoying or harsh as can sometimes happen running high nitro glow.

To me, the engine is a keeper and I am planning to campaign it next year

MattK