RCU Forums - View Single Post - UAT question
Thread: UAT question
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 07:29 PM
carcraze

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UAT question

Hi all

I am new to turbines and have a question about a BVM UAT. My installation is 3 tanks, 1 main 78oz to a 24 oz to a 24oz to the UAT in series. The main is a long baffled tank with the clunk at the back with brass where it passes through the baffle, I have checked it once to make sure there is no tube fraying, looks okay maybe I should check it again. All tanks are safety wired not tie wraped and during ground running no air is entering. During the first few flights when I checked after the flight the UAT seemed to have no air or very little. I have since started flying a little more aggresively with more vertical down lines and such and noticed the last flight the UAT had some air in it an air bubble the width if the UAT which I am assuming is coming from clunks coming out of the fuel. The last tank was about 1/2 full after taxi in from the flight. My question is this normal for a little air in the trap or should it still be air free at the end of a flight and if it is not normal where should I start looking? Trying to prevent an air induced flame out so thought I would ask the experts. I was also wondering if it is enough concern to look at another type of UAT?

Thanks