RCU Forums - View Single Post - Great Planes Reactor GP/EP 3D ARF .46-.70
Old 11-24-2009, 12:36 PM
ro347
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Great Planes Reactor GP/EP 3D ARF .46-.70

ORIGINAL: LIFlyer

ORIGINAL: ro347

Im also looking to put in my Saito.91 should I pull the trigger. The saito weighs in at 21 oz with the muffler. If I remember correctly the OS is something like 24-26 oz.

Did some addition on weight last night. I came up with an all up dry weight of 96 oz using saito 91. There is a vid on here of someone using electric doing AMAZING 3d and he was at 103oz. His just floated around. So a 1/2 lb cushion isnt bad. Im wondering if this plane presents itself as big as my showtime 50 as I want something that will really 3d and is fun, but dont want to go smaller.

I'm in a somewhat similar dilemma, but with the added complexity of being at ~4700'.

To those flying these things at altitude, if you could please help out, what precisely are your running motor wise, and are you happy with the performance?

I'd really like to run a Saito 82 to keep the weight down, but also at the same time want to buy the correct motor once, and do not want to be disappointed in the performance.
Here are the wieghts of all 3 engines, ENGINE ONLY:

Saito 82 - 16oz, Saito 91 - 19.6oz, Saito 100 - 19.5oz.

I would go for the 91....or if you feel....the 100 since its the same weight. I just dont know if the 100 would be too much and tear the plane apart.

Earlier in the thread there was mention of using Magnum 70s and OS 70s....all of which are heavier if i remember correctly....and they liked the way it flew.

Let us know what you decide.

My setup will most prob be.... I already have all except for the aileron servos

Saito 91
Hitec 5245mg on Ailerons
Hitec 5625mg on rudder or 625 mg
Hitec 5475 on elevators
Hitec 82 mg on throttle
Futabs MSA-10 servo synchronizer

Any recomendations on elevator servos that will fit the bay without cutting?