View Single Post
Old 11-26-2009, 10:57 AM
Mr67Stang

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Lost one to a spider

ORIGINAL: flyingfever

ORIGINAL: Mr67Stang

ORIGINAL: RC MANIAC119

Why didn't you just reach up.... take your hat off and toss it on the ground??? DAAAAAAA
I think this is much like the guy who took the time to call 911 when his Toyota's throttle got stuck instead of putting the transmission in neutral.

Geeze! Rough crowd here!

Did I not mention I was only a foot or two off the deck, in the midst of a touch-and-go?

Rest assured, my hat hit the ground. A split second after my beloved S.E. And with nearly the same force.

Dialing 911 was equally impossible. My left thumb was on the throttle and rudder. Right thumb on the elevator and ailerons. How do you guys do it?

As I say, the entire event was only a few seconds. And they are seared into my memory. Forever. My therapists told me that writing about it might help. For now at least I am pleased that the night-sweats and and flash-backs are not as frequent or severe as they once were. One day I hope to fly again without the constant sensation of bugs crawling all over my body.

Rough crowd here. Rough crowd is all I'm say'in.

'fever
Sorry, no slight intended at all. My point was that during the moment sometimes the easiest solution is overlooked untill it's too late.

Oh, and these new cars have rev limiters that would not allow the cars engine to over rev and blow. This way you would still have power steering and power brakes.