RCU Forums - View Single Post - Flair DR1 Manual
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2009, 07:43 PM
eagledancer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Flair DR1 Manual

on and off the ground is the difficult part, this plane will do the fokker dance without hesitation! when it does happen chop throttle and dont even think about horsing it off the ground the results are not pretty
#1 rule: always and i mean always take off and land directly into the wind, no crosswinds for this bird or you will ground loop.
first off the best way for the take off run is hold full up elevator to keep the skid firmly on the ground until enough speed is reached that the tail will become effective, add throttle slowly but steady all the while keeping it straight with rudder, when speed is up a bit relax up elevator tail will come up at this point you may have to hold a bit of down to keep the plane on the ground until flying speed is attained when you have the speed add up elevator to rotate off the ground and climb out.
on landing keep a bit of power on this plane slows fast with all the drag. never try to 3 point it, always do tail up landings. when you are over the end of the runway chop throttle but dont forget about it you will need it again! set her down at a slow flying speed with the tail up as you are slowing a few blips of throttle will keep the rudder and elevator effective. if she starts to nose over use throttle usally a blip or two will get the tail back down. let the tail come down on its own. keep on the rudder until it stops.
i found if i follow this to the letter i can do picture perfect takeoffs and landings every time! and people always thought i was a fantastic pilot to never nose it over LOL
hope this helps, the flair tripe is a nice flying bird