RCU Forums - View Single Post - Are Hitech servos problematical with Futaba 2.4Ghz
Old 11-29-2009, 06:18 AM
ntsmith

Location: Bishop\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'s Stortford,
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are Hitech servos problematical with Futaba 2.4Ghz

I have just purchased and received four new HS-65MG servos. I got them because I had used one very succesfully in a small park fly model with the Futaba system employing a R6008HS receiver and there were no problems. (Only one of these servos was used in fact because I had found it in my servo draw and decided to use it as it was a better spec than the one that was already fitted) It worked a treat. Nice and fast with excellent centering.
I consequently bought four more because of the experience with that one.
Not so lucky it seems. The servos were fitted in my Angel 30S and upon switch on they jittered ferociously but mainly the elevator and the rudder not quite as bad. I suspected the BEC since this was the only thing in my system not previously used. No joy. I changed the receiver. . No joy. I checked the receiver was switched to the normal analogue servo mode . . Checked fine with both receivers.
Try different servos (costing about a 1/10 of the itech ones) . . . No problems.
I tried the Hitech servos on my servo tester . . OK a slight jerk at switch on which is often quite normal but they worked fine. I am now at a loss to consider what else could be faulty.
I have removed all the servos and checked various arrangements but it seems as thouhg it is ALL the servos that kind of vibrate rather than jitter at switch on. It is a very fast movement of a fraction of an inch either way . . just like a faulty potentiometer but that it cannot be as it works OK on the tester.
The only course of action I can see is an expensive one of buying a new Futaba receiver but all my receivers work absolutely flawlessly with all other servos . . . except it appears, with Hitec HS-65MG ones.
Ideas welcome from others particuarly if you have had the same experience.
If I am barking up the wrong tree perhaps someone could enlighten me. I have come to the end of any ideas.
BTW they were also tested on 4.8 and 6V suplies. Both had the same effect.
Should I send them back? Rather not as I have to remove all the arms refit new servos. . .
I look forward to any replies.