RCU Forums - View Single Post - TOM BRETT'S DESIGNS-UPDATE
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 11:45 PM
kingaltair
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: TOM BRETT'S DESIGNS-UPDATE

Hi everyone;

I hope everyone, (in he States) had a nice Thanksgiving, (48th anniversary of the first flight of Ed Kazmirski's Taurus according to the Meyer plan...but that's another thread).

I received a follow-up e-mail with details that fill in some of the holes relating to earlier posts. Here is her post:

[i]Finding the airfoil to the Delta while at Kinkos was the surprise I mentioned. I didn't know if the plans gave enough information for building. Noting the lack of structure for equipment installation, it appears to me he,[Tom] was daydreaming, since he always designed around the "goodies". At that time I think he had a 3 and 5 channel ground based Bramco. It must have been 1959 when he built the aileron only and drew the Delta. He flew Beast II in 1959 and all of 1960, then designed Nimbus and heaven knows he was too busy from 1960 to 1965, what with Nimbus plans for American Modeler, designing A[pogee] and P[erigee], getting ready for the Internationals, kit plans for Perigee, TBX, Cirrus and Nimbus III. He only started dating and signing plans with Nimbus.[/i]

By the way, the address on the Owl dates back to 1957.

Helen