RCU Forums - View Single Post - Finally finished Herr Cloud Ranger
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 05:35 AM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Finally finished Herr Cloud Ranger

ORIGINAL: Big Al-RCU

I agree, how can you be proud of something that you just bought off the rack? I go back prior to the BOM (builder of model) debate. It was assumed at one time that you were demonstrating your skill at building AND flying. It was a minor scandal at the time when word leaked out that some of the big names (with big $$$$) were actually hiring someone else to build there planes for them! Of course this before ARFs.
Al
Wow, this is outa left field!!Big Al..I have built from stick to ARF even my own plans....when I can buy an ARF of a plane I want,, and a kit and 2 rolls of covering cost more than it does, I get the ARF...I still like to build for fun, sometimes, still have my skydrill on the building board, I really hate covering or it would be done, but there's someone else out there that loves to cover but hates to build, just opposite of me...then once I do get finished I hate the tedious fitting of the servo's and radio gear and balance and all that...I think the 1/2a group as a whole benefits from the lecky group and its new found arf parkflyers that we can stick an .049 on and go!..I always did admire that tiny mustang of yours,,but I sure jumped on the bandwagon to get a few of the Herr Extra arf's,, crashed one, one is waiting to fly(OS .15) flys fine just no time at present or good weather..... and the other is still in the box....Rog