RCU Forums - View Single Post - Weird UP-3 valve problem
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 08:29 AM
ww2birds
My Feedback: (14)

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Weird UP-3 valve problem

Dom,

Interesting. Did not know that something so simple as a spool valve has so much "personality". I have 3 of them myself, and have always tracked down issues that seemed to be valve-related to be cylinder related. But I guess the valve has done spooky things for you. I'll keep that in mind. Are there any moving parts other than the spool itself, that is driven by the servo? I did not think there were, so the only odd thing that could really happen is some sort of plugged orifice .. but if there are hidden moving parts (the "inner plunger?") maybe that explains it. Seems to be the case when I read Arnaud's post and yours. Live + learn.

Jim,

thanks for the info re: BVM thin lube. I have only ever injected it at the cylinders, and it seems to work wonders for balky or leaky cylinders .. but once its in the system, I suppose if will eventually go everywhere. Good to know UP does not like the stuff. I do have some of the Dow 55 that I got from them a while ago that I use to lube the spools. I wonder if the o-rings in the cylinders (that are ok with BVM lube) and the o-rings in the valve are different .. e.g. rubber vs viton.

Shawn,

Why does it matter where the tees are?

Dave