RCU Forums - View Single Post - oval questions
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 11:20 AM
burgster
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: oval questions

Its not super popular around me from what I am told. There is some interest but not really any tracks. My brother-in-law and I are going to build a track. We have some heavy equipment and some acerage to fool around with. Our thought is "if you build it they will come". I am just trying to get info on the chassis available. I know that racing anything gets expensive, but I am trying to get something started and it is difficult to get new people involved if they have to spend $1500.00. It seems that the OFNA offerings are a cheaper way to get into the sport. There are a lot of chassis offered and not a ton of info. For someone new the waters are real muddy. I just want to know is the hyper sprint a descent platform, or would we better of going with the late model. From what I have read, the sprint needs to be totally reworked to make it competetive, is this true? If there are guys around that have off-road buggies can they make there chassis competative with the late model chassis on an oval?

Thanks,
Jeff