RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bob Cat Copy Falcon 120 Jet
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 05:43 AM
ticketec
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Bob Cat Copy Falcon 120 Jet

ORIGINAL: Aussie1

Dave, it seems that you have read this thread right through, which is no small task! Yours will be very similar to mine which weights 13lbs dry and has great vertical performance with my PST600. My fuel tank is even the same, useing the Berri juice bottle. What retracts and legs/brakes did you decide on? It would seem that you can either go for the complete rebuild with extra weight or keep it light with only the required strengthening required. Either way results in a great economical sport jet.
Hey mate! these little beasties seem popular with the aussie pilots!!!

Yeah i read the whole thread!! almost twice through all the post becuase there are so many good ideas/experience here. it does take a few days and some tired eyes to get there!

Still tossing up what to get in terms of L/G, and i have even emailed airpower directly to see if they could match/beat the dreamworks price, but no response after the initial enquires.... I just am sturggling to pay top dollar for retracts when this is effectivily a cheap option to get into jet flying, ultimately i would love to get my hands on a second hand set, but i would have to get pretty lucky for that to happen. either way, it will probably not happen before christmas at this stage.

Still waiting on TBM to come back with the shipping price for my servos which are also holding me up.

Thanks

dave