RCU Forums - View Single Post - Reaction ARF - PST/BTE All-Composite Sport Jet
Old 12-02-2009, 05:44 AM
Sonicwings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Reaction ARF - PST/BTE All-Composite Sport Jet

Hi all...

Just started my Reaction build, had it in my hands since late April, but just getting into it now...

Its a all yellow, short nose, and maybe second to Dave, rcguys, with factory removable tail...
Going with a Jetcat P120SX, due to the favorable exchange rate when i ordered it thru the Australian distributor, Due in my hands from Germany next week...
Going with Digitech Prolink undercarrage set, and a few personal mods along the way...

Shall share my personal mods as i do them, meantime i have a question or two for the group, hope you can help me with some answers...

1. Size of the PST Smoke tank, that fits behind the 3.8ltr main tank, i need a measurement from the former back ??? so i can work out where to cut my whale hole !!! lol.

2. Main and nose undercarrage length, both PST, and Dreamworks units, from the centre of wheel axle, up to the retract block face they plug into ???

3. Wheel sizes ???

4. Subject Batterys...
Duralite, Im going with the LI-MN or lithium Manganese on the turbine ecu, think its a 3800mah, to power the kero start, and good noseweight at 245gms,
and 2 x Duralite Plus Lithium Ion rx batterys, maybe the 2 cell 2600 mah, weights at 110gms each... and running into a Powerbox brand Gemini reg set, giving me a constant 5.9 volts at the rx/servos,
So my delema...
Im thinking i CAN SAFELY CHARGE onboard, in the nose, with Duralite 0.5amp slow charger, its more a 4-6 hour charge speed, SO, WHAT DO YOU THINK ???
Im looking to avoid cutting a nose Hatch, and avoid pulling my batterys out to charge...

I had in mind the idea of a removable nosecone, much like PST have now done on the X Nose, but not sure im motivated enough to do it yet... Maybe PST will do it at sum point on the short nose ???

Also Has PST done any more on the WING COVERS talked about early this year ????????

Ok thats me for now...
In anticipation, Thank you all... Cheers Jeremy.