View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 08:19 AM
digitech
My Feedback: (10)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Bob Cat Copy Falcon 120 Jet

ORIGINAL: ticketec

ORIGINAL: digitech

belive me there is nothing more frustrating if you lose your complete landing gear on landing or take off.
i was a customer once , and i clearly remember a nice sunday with perfect weather got spoiled because of some cheap landing gear.
that bended everytime on landing , i spend each week hours of work and spend lots of money on parts to get flying again.
the Falcon is cheap yes i agree , i have customers who have gotten their third falcon and still use the first gear..
secondly Airpower does not sell the Trailing option ,these are custom made by us.
and there are no second hand sets out there , they last to long...

ps : intairco sells also airpower , maybe ask him?
Hey Sandor,

I do know what you mean. I own most of the major brands of retracts for my warbirds and i know of the fustrations of doggy landing gear.. But have also learnt that it's not always nessesary to have top of the range to get reliable service from your retracts, but rather to buy wisely. But don't get me wrong, i do listen to what you post and it does make me think about what i am looking to buy.

I guess my biggest beef is that i don't plan to keep the Falcon forever. I'm a scale boy at heart, so my master plan is to use the falcon as it was intended for. as a trainer, once i have some experience up, i hope to sell it,and my EDF byron F-16 to finance something like a skymaster 1:8 F-16, so to burn up money on retracts that i don't intend on seeing a lifetime of service out of is the real driver for me.

I can understand that jet retracts need to be strong, because i have seen heaps of videos where the model get ''pounded'' into the runway, but if this model slows up as much as is described here, why to the retracts have to be built so tough? maybe, no, i DO have a lot to learn about turbine models, but in the warbird scene, where there are also some high wing loading models flying around, never seem to get pounded into the runway as jet models do. I understand turbine lag etc, but most warbirds guys work hard at ensuring they land nicely. Maybe it's just my ''youtube'' version of turbine flying. at the jet meet i went to recently most of the guys landed fairly nicely, but there were a few ''pounders'' too!

Intairco does sell airpower, but he also throws on a massive margin too!!!! now i quite like to support local businesses but not to the tune that he marks up his prices at.. and having bought directly from Airpower, i don't think that Intairco could get the items to me any quicker. I have been keeping an eye on the classifieds he has on his site but nothing so far. I fully suspect that i will end up buying new.

Thanks

dave

Then i would stay with the wire for now , and use it as a trainer.
i think for now that is the best choice