RCU Forums - View Single Post - 2.4ghz lockout today
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2009, 04:42 PM
hyperdyne
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2.4ghz lockout today

Not sure about the dsm2 module.

If both battery packs were connected in parallel then what happens if one shorts out, has a bad cell, etc? The entire electrical system shuts down then. Those types of situations cause catastrophic failures that appear to be RF link related. If he had control at one point it could of been a lock out or battery issue. Which receiver was he using? I always use the spektrum flight logger to see how many frame losses and antenna fades I have when flying at a site. Its good to do a range check and see if you start getting frame losses before going up. Anything below 45 consecutive frame losses is ok. After that you will start getting holds.

ORIGINAL: SystemX

I have a friend that recently crashed a 38% extra on its first flight. He was using the DSM2 module in a XP9303 for the first time. While rolling his plane he noticed that it wanted to stay in the roll when he tried to come out of it. He regained control but before he could land he lost control again. It went into a slow roll down into the field. We checked both of the 6v Rx batteries and they were both good. Even if one battery was bad he should have still had control of one side of the plane. Anyone know if the DSM2 module could have caused this? We have NEVER had any type of radio hits at our flying site.