RCU Forums - View Single Post - Help with new mSR
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 02:40 PM
tsfarrell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help with new mSR

Hmm ... so I ended up removing shell(not a big deal after all!). And attemted to find other loose connectors. Couldn't find any. I see that the main battery leads are directly soldered into the circuit board. Perhaps the solder joins can go loose? I also wonder whether, despite my mSR batteries always being fully charged, there is some kind of power drain which causes the thing to go dead(no blue light) then rearm (blue light back on). I've seen this happen sometimes while rotor is turning and I am trimming. Clicking the trim buttons seems to cause the blue light to dim. Iam more and more thinking something really is up with the servo rods. At times the servo gears are kind of vibrating without turning. Sometimes they actually whine. I swear I did the bind operation correction. All batteies at high-charge. Followed all the rules.

For now, I just put the whole thing back in the box and closed the lid, till I can get some idea of what to fix and how to fix it. As things are now, even while I am being cautious, the thing is getting banged up. When the main rotor decides to go nuts all on its own, twice the impact actually took the rotors apart. Lots of fun figuring out how to screw them back together.

Yes, the more I mess with this thing, the more I learn yet the more Irisk breaking it. Fortunate that it can be rebuilt on a by-component basis. But, wow, it's brand new!This is like when Itook my new 1995 Civic to have remote control windows installed with security system, and those goofs at Circuit City drilled ragged holes in my doors and ran wires through wrapped in electrical tape.

Still, the remote control windows were cool. not as cool as the remote control moon roof.

Hell, ya'll!