RCU Forums - View Single Post - Redcat Monsoon Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 09:05 AM
firebird78

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Redcat Monsoon Thread

you put different weight oils in the diff to tune the truck to your driving style...the heavier the oil = less slip.....for instance I run atleast 7000 in the center so I get good bite...I like the front to pull me around a corner instead of the rear pushing me around the corner so I put 5000 in the front diff and 2000 in the rear diff....if your driving style is were you like to spin the rear (have more power in the rear) you would put 5000 in the rear and 2000 in the front...

I plan to buy some 10000 and try it in the center...then try the 7000 in the front.....and just fiddle with it and see what I like best....the different weight oils do make a big difference on a track...I keep fluids in my bashers, but I really try to pay attention on my racer..

also you want to use rc silicone oils....these way they stay consistant in different temperatures....sometimes diff oils come labeled like 700 or 500, they are actually 7000 and 5000....I have shock oil from 100 wt to 35wt....I run 45 in my racer but I bought the real heavy stuff for my bashers...just depends on how stupid with jumps I plan to get with them as to what I put in em

hope this helps