RCU Forums - View Single Post - Extreme Flight 88" Yak - Build and Fly
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 11:28 AM
cadconversions
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extreme Flight 88

Well guys, it seems like I'll be checking out on this thread after being here from the beginning. I've been offered a chance of a lifetime (for me) to own a dream plane. I'm in the process of picking up a bigairplanes pitts M12 and in order to get it finished and everything in it - I have to sell my EF yak and DA-50R. I have one of the first original 20 shipment yaks in the US. It's been my pride and joy and I hate to admit it - hanger queen! It's only got 2 flights on it as life and a son kept me from the air field for the last 2 1/2 years. Life is calming down and my son LOVES airplanes so the new pitts is going to be my ticket to spending some quality time with the son at the field.

Anyway, said all of that to say that the EF yak is still an awesome plane and I'll miss it. I still remember the WOW that came over my face as it made it's climb out and flew like my trainer. The last flight was a deadstick (throttle servo arm came off and closed - always keep the spring on!) and it landed like a champ.

If anyone's interested, I'll have it posted in the for sale section sometime today. New DA-50R w/ less then 20 minutes of run time and one of the original 20 in yellow and black already built and ready to go. Servos will be removed but everything stays. Continue on and enjoy the yak - it's still the best WOW club in the world.