RCU Forums - View Single Post - What would your ideal R/C workshop look like?
Old 12-08-2009, 11:40 AM
Kwigen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What would your ideal R/C workshop look like?

I hope this drawing shows up. My shop is in the house so I tried to limit dust as much as possible. This set up also pulls ca fumes into the wall. The fan cabinet is on wheels so that I can roll it out and use it as a down draft dust catcher. The only change I would make is I would try to find a heater core to place at the air outlet and kill two birds with one stone.

I also plumbed in shop a vac under the part of the work bench which holds my band saw, sander, drill press, and other power tools. I used 1 1/2" pvc pipe under the bench with 5-
1 1/2" holes near the back of the bench. I plug used holes to increase suction at the hole for the tool used. The added benifit is that when cleaning the bench I unplug all the holes and just sweep the dust toward the holes.

I painted the work surface with floor paint. It takes a couple of weeks to dry but the stuff is bullet proof. Also because of limited space I got rid of my multi-drawer parts cabinets and opted for Westward and Plano organizers. They have lids and multiple/variable compartments, their stackable and take up a lot less space. I lucked out when I was building my shop Home Depot had the Westward 24 and 15 compartment organizers on sale for a buck apiece. The last ones I bought were Plano from Cabellas.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32666.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	1329783